If the warning lamps do not indicate a safety system failure such as an engine or fuel injection system malfunction, continuing to drive the vehicle with a faulty system and no warning can increase the risk of a crash or injury.
Automobili Lamborghini (Lamborghini) is recalling certain 2011-2014 Gallardo Coupe and Gallardo Spyder vehicles. The Engine Control Unit (ECU) software may erase trouble codes after the ignition is turned off, not illuminating warning lamps and preventing drivers from being warned of safety system problems the next time that they are driving.
Lamborghini will notify owners, and dealers will reflash the engine software with the appropriate procedure, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin December 14,2018. Owners may contact Lamborghini customer service at 1-866-681-6276. Lamborghini’s number for this recall is L61XR0118.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov
December 3, 2018
Information for reprogramming
This section provides you with all the information on the diagnosis services for Lamborghini vehicles.
Lamborghini offers independent operators the opportunity to perform diagnosis via special software that can write data in the Immobilizer and reprogram the engine and gearbox control units, using commercial interfaces that comply with SAE J2534 and J2534-1 standard.
This standard outlines the specifications necessary for a generic peripheral device (hardware) to interface with vehicles.
You must register on the Lamborghini portal before you can download the software.
The software may be used only upon purchase of the relative licenses, which permit the software to be used for limited periods.
The following commercial interfaces have been tested by Automobili Lamborghini:
- Car DAQ-Plus cable bundle (ditta Drew Technologies)
- VSI-2534 (ditta DGTECH of Dearborn Group)
- iFlash 2534 Global Programmaer (ditta Blue Streak Electronics)
Diagnosis software available for a fee
– Software for managing the vehicle diagnostics on the complete electronic vehicle platform of Aventador starting with MY12 and Huracán starting with MY15 models are contained on the DVDs (purchased on the erWin Lamborghiniwebsite).
– The gearbox and for Gallardo engine starting from MY09 diagnosis software license (LaRa Independent Pass Thru) may be purchased after you have registered on the Lamborghini portal.
Use is limited – at the user’s choice – to 30 or 365 days.
– The software license for reprogramming the Immobilizer system (ODIS SERVICE) may be purchased after you have registered on the erWin website (please refer to the erWin website for the terms and conditions of use).
– The software license for offboard diagnosis on Aventador and Huracán (ODIS SERVICE) may be purchased after you have registered on the erWin website (please refer to the erWin website for the terms and conditions of use).