November 25, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V927000
Detached oil lines may leak oil onto hot components, increasing the risk of a fire.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V927
Potential Number of Units Affected 1
Lamborghini (Automobili Lamborghini) is recalling one 2021 Aventador SVJ Roadster vehicle. The heat exchanger oil line screws may have been improperly tightened during assembly, which could cause the oil lines to detach.
A dealer will inspect and repair the heat exchanger oil line connections as necessary, free of charge. The owner notification letter is expected to be mailed December 3, 2021. Owners may contact Automobili Lamborghini customer service at 1-866-681-6276. Automobili Lamborghini number for this recall is L73X-R.02.21.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
Heat exchanger oil lines recall
Limited or special editions:
England, Poland, USA
ZHWEN6ZDXMLA10470, ZHWUN6ZD0MLA10490, ZHWEN6ZD4MLA10545
Important information: before proceeding with the repair, connect to the Warranty Portal and, using the “VIN Info” function, check that:
- the vehicle is actually affected by the instructions contained in this bulletin.
NOTE: some vehicles may not be affected, despite the fact that their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) falls within the range;
- only replacement parts that correspond tothe specific procedure, identified by a letter(such as A, B, C, etc.), are to be used for the chassis being repaired.
Procedure A will be available only when the instructions require a preliminary check to be performed to determine whether or not the vehicle actually needs updating.
Information for the service network:
During ongoing product monitoring, Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. has discovered that on a specific number of vehicles there is a possibility that the screws on the connection of the heat exchanger oil lines may not have been properly torqued during the assembly process.
Solution for the field:
Replace the 4 screws and the 2 seals.
1 Affected Product
3 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Latest Recalls Documents
- Castrol GTX Full Synthetic Motor Oil provides maximum protection to help fight the impact of severe conditions that can potentially shorten engine life
- Castrol GTX Full Synthetic has been proven to dramatically reduce engine wear - 6X better than the industry standard
- 1.3X better sludge protection than industry standards
- Full synthetic formula provides thermal and oxidation stability with a superior level of protection against viscosity breakdown
- Specifications: API SP/SN PLUS/SN, ILSAC GF-6, GM dexos1 Gen 2
- Mobil 1 advanced full-synthetic motor oil 5W-30 utilizes Mobil 1’s signature Triple Action Formula to deliver outstanding engine performance, protection, and cleanliness.
- Helps protect critical engine parts for up to 10,000 miles between oil changes,* controlling oxidation to prevent oil breakdown and maintaining excellent viscosity
- Meets ILSAC GF-6 standards to help provide low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI) and timing chain wear protection while keeping your engine clean and helping to improve your fuel economy
- Helps extend engine life by working to prevent damaging deposits and sludge buildup
- Provides excellent internal engine heat protection (up to 500 degrees F) and low temperature protection (to -30 degrees F)
- Full synthetic 5W-30 engine oil made from made from natural gas, not crude, using Pennzoil's patented gas-to-liquid PurePlus Technology
- Provides better fuel economy—drive on average an extra 550 miles per year (versus a dirty engine)
- Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 keeps pistons up to 45% cleaner than the toughest industry standard (Based on Sequence IIIH results)
- No other leading synthetic oil provides better wear protection from friction (Based on Sequence IVA wear test using SAE 5W-30)
- Formulated to provide faster low-temperature oil flow and protection in extreme heat
- 40% more protection than industry standards with enhanced anti-wear additives that build a bonus layer of defense between critical moving parts within your engine
- Resist oil breakdown 10X better than industry standards with a combination of premium antioxidants that fight oil breakdown and degradation
- 25% better protection against deposits with extra engine-cleaning detergents
- Exceptional temperature protection and viscosity retention ensure a high level of defense even in the most challenging climates
- Full synthetic 5W-30 engine oil made from natural gas, not crude, using Pennzoil's patented gas-to-liquid PurePlus Technology
- No other leading motor oil provides better wear protection for your engine (Based on Sequence IVA wear test using SAE 5W-30)
- Helps protect engines from loss of power and provides better fuel economy—drive on average an extra 550 miles per year (versus a dirty engine)
- Keeps pistons dramatically cleaner than required by the toughest industry standards (Based on ILSAC GF-6 and Sequence IIIH piston deposit test using SAE 5W-30)
- Delivers unsurpassed sludge protection to help keep high-performance and luxury car engines as close as possible to factory clean (Based on Sequence VH Sludge Test using SAE 5W-20)
- Titanium Strong For Maximum Engine Performance In Vehicles With Over 75,000 Miles
- Maximizes Short And Long Term Engine Performance On High Mileage Engines
- Boosted With Extra Fluid Titanium Technology To Increase Oil Film Strength And Reduce Film Breakdown
- Reduces Leaks, Oil Burn Off And Power-Robbing Deposits
- API SN/GF 5 CERTIFIED
- 50% MORE WEAR PROTECTION than industry standard with enhanced anti-wear additives that prevent unwanted metal-on-metal contact and provide an extra layer of protection that keeps your engine in excellent shape for the many miles ahead
- REDUCE COSTLY REPAIRS by minimizing exhaust system damage with our fully synthetic formulation
- MINIMIZE HEAT AND ABRASION between moving parts help your high-mileage engine maintain its horsepower and perform its best for longer
- 25% MORE PROTECTION AGAINST DEPOSITS than the industry standard with extra detergents, keeping your engine clean and sustaining its performance
- RENEW AGING SEALS AND PREVENT LEAKS with state-of-the-art seal conditioners
- Superior Detergency That Helps Prevent Deposit Build Up
- Superior Oil Burn Off Protection Versus Leading Conventional Oils
- Seal Conditioners Help Reduce Leaks; Bottle Color: Green
- Advanced Additives That Help Prevent Engine Wear
- For best performance, follow the manufacturer's recommendations in your vehicle owner’s manual.
- Ideal for engines over 75,000 miles and for longer drain intervals
- Helps prevent build up that can cause rust and corrosion
- Reduces friction for less engine wear
- High resistance to viscosity and thermal breakdown
Last update on 2022-07-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.