|To||All Lamborghini Service Points|
|Subject||Ground clearance adjustment|
Ground clearance adjustment
Murciélago and Murciélago Roadster
New measures of the ground clearance of the car
A) Preliminary operation
- Take all the work precaution before going on with the following steps.
- The car must be complete with all components: mechanics, body, interior and external whose lack might cause weight variation of the car.
- Remind to remove from the vehicle each single item not included in the equipment that can increase the weight as luggage or any other personnel belongings.
- Fuel tank must be full.
- Place the vehicle on a lift.
- Check if all the tire specifications are correct (pressure, total wheel alignment – see the following template).
- Check if the ground clearance is correct for all the four sides of the vehicle (see the following template and photos showing just two of the four measurement points).
- Remember that the error margin must be the same for every axel.
- The difference height between front and rear axles must be –11mm.
- For example: If you measure Front 152 mm, the measure Rear must be 141 mm without any error margin
- If not correct, make the changes in accordingly to the enclosed specifications.
- If you need to adjust the ground clearance, you are requested to operate on the ring nuts of the spring shock absorbers.
- The same operation you may execute in case of changing the shock absorbers.