A wheel detachment can increase the risk of a crash.
Automobili Lamborghini (Lamborghini) is recalling certain 2015-2016 Lamborghini Aventador SV Coupe and Aventador SV Roadster vehicles. The bolts centering and supporting the brake discs to the wheel’s hub may loosen over time. Continued driving with loose centering bolts may result in the wheel detaching.
Lamborghini will notify owners, and dealers will replace the centering bolts with ones that have thread-locking fluid, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin August 31, 2018. Owners may contact Lamborghini customer service at 1-866-681-6276. Lamborghini’s number for this recall is L73XR0318.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Questions and answers
- What is the issue with the affected vehicles?
Under extreme conditions of usage of the vehicle the wheel centering bushes drive pegs (bolts centering and supporting the brake discs to the wheel’s hub) may become loose. The wheel system however is secured by the central lock.
- What is the cause of this condition?
Extreme conditions of driving, vibrations and severe usage stress factors over time may cause the drive pegs to come loose in the VIN range affected.
- What effect does the condition have?
With loose drive pegs and heavy condition of use for a long time, may lead to an overstress of the wheel locking system with risk of its fracture.
- How can the condition be identified?
No particular customer perception just before the event.
Is there any risk for the car occupants?
Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. is not aware of any accidents or other incidents resulting in injury to a person or damage to property.
- Which vehicles are affected ?
- How many vehicles are affected worldwide ?
- Which VIN numbers are affected?
Vin range comprised from ZHWET3ZD4GLA03099 to ZHWUF3ZD7GLA04265; not sequential Vins.
- What exactly needs to be updated on the car?
Replace drive pegs and center lock
- How long will the repair work take?
Normally, the repair work will take 1 hour.
- Will Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. bear the costs of the repair work?
The costs of this campaign will be borne entirely by Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A.
- Where can I have the repair work carried out ?
Any authorized Lamborghini dealer and Service point worldwide.
- Is it necessary to make an appointment at the workshop?
Yes, customer should contact an authorized Lamborghini dealer or Service point.
July 20, 2018